Monday, October 11, 2010

Native American Day aka Suck It Chris Columbus Day

Happy Native American Day!!!

Yep, you heard right.  Although the rest of the country may be honoring Christopher Columbus , I will be thanking the Native American's for a Monday spent without children.  In 1990, South Dakota, always a trailblazer when it comes to political correctness, proclaimed it to be the "Year of Reconciliation" between whites and Natives.  In a true sign of reconciliation, South Dakota also told Chris to take the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria and get the hell out of SD, because the second Monday in October would now be Native American Day.  And for that, I will be eternally grateful.

In honor of this wondrous day, I was a "Lady Who Lunched" with MW,JW, and AL.  It was wonderful and made me yearn for a day when my sole obligation is eating outside on a sunny day with three of my favorites.  I hope that day comes before I'm too old to appreciate it.

This day is also momentous because....I HAVE MY FIRST FOLLOWER!!! Thank you AL for being my follower and friend (and for donating your background).  I hope my blog can be like yours when it grows up.

1 comment:

  1. Whooo hooo!!! You pull off the books much better than I did. I just carry them around all day and google summaries of them before class. You actually use/read/loan them! :)

    ReplyDelete