Saturday, February 26, 2011

Weeding Treasures

I did some pretty significant weeding today with some fellow librarians.  Much to my delight, I found a  buried treasures.  "Treasures" meaning completely ridiculous books that have no business being on my shelves.

 Example #1:
I weeded a very old series about the 50 states.  The picture they chose to represent all the beauty and culture in Hawaii is baffling.  Really? The best picture you could find features a homely family from Minnesota wearing sweatshirts and blankets?!?

Example #2
As a native North Dakotan I find this book incredibly offensive.  The Hay Bail Tribe has a long and respected history in North Dakota and they don't deserve this kind of exploitation.  








I may have also found a few of these that are now safely housed in my personal collection. It's okay, you can be jealous.

2 comments:

  1. I think this could be your niche that makes your blog unique...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, it's already been done. Although, I'm honored you're finally following my blog. Especially since the first time I told you about it, you rolled your eyes.

    ReplyDelete