Thursday, November 10, 2011

On Wednesday, I did a short lesson on Veteran's Day with my 4th and 5th graders. I began the lesson by asking the kids what the word "veteran" meant. Many hands shot into the air, and I called on B, a small, kind hearted boy who once told me he liked to read books from the "fantasy, mystery, historical fiction, and romance genres". When I called on him, B confidentaly told me that a veteran was "someone who takes care of animals".

Happy Veterinarian's...I mean Veteran's Day to all past and present service men and women. Thank you for the many sacrifices you and your family members make everyday to ensure to the safety and freedom of others.

A very special thank you to my little brother Billy. I have always been happy to brag about your many accomplishments(touchdowns, state championships,or 3 pointers), but none have made me as proud as your decision to serve our country (well except maybe Emma...she's quite the accomplishment too). I love you and can't wait until you're home.

No comments:

Post a Comment