Sunday, May 6, 2012

Corn Blower

I'm back.  And it's been so long since my last post, I didn't know Blogger had a new format.  Yikes.  Anyway, after a LONG break, I'm back.  And it's a doozy.

We were really short staffed at school last week so I volunteered to help out in the lunchroom.  I bravely donned a hair net, apron, and gloves so I could scoop corn onto the trays of hungry children.  I thought the hair net would be the most disgusting aspect of this job, but boy was I wrong. 

After I'd finished serving, I walked around the lunchroom talking to the kids and my fellow lunch ladies (and men).  I stopped at the first grade table because I'd had some tattling about someone "blowing corn" and wanted to investigate.  What I saw is enough to put you off corn for life, so if you have a weak stomach, now would be the time to move on to another blog (suggestion available to your right). 

As I'm talking to another student, I see the alleged corn blower insert a piece of whole kernel corn into his nostril.  Okay, gross, but I've seen worse.  He then closes the other nostril and blows the kernel onto his tray.  Yuck.  Now I seeing where the "blowing corn" allegation developed.  But then, to my utter disgust and dismay, the corn blower picked up the kernel (the kernel that had just been in his nostril, in case you lost track) and....he ate it!!!

 I didn't even know what to say.  I've worked with kids for the past 4 years and it's definitely one of the grossest things I've ever witnessed (which is saying a lot).  On the other hand, I also found it absolutely hilarious.  Flabbergasted, I just shook my head and and suppressing laughter said, "E, that's disgusting.  Please don't do that again" before running to my co-workers to share the story.

On a related note...corn on the cob season is just around the corner!!


No comments:

Post a Comment