Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Moving On

For some reason, this post has been incredibly difficult to write.  Seriously, I've sat down with intentions to write about 10 times with 0 results.  Apparently, I've had writer's block.  I decided that the only way through it was to just write, regardless of how terrible the results.

Anyway, as many of you know, I'm moving to San Francisco.  Finally.  I've been in hardcore lust with the city since my first visit in August 2009, but three more trips confirmed it wasn't just lust, I am in love with the City by the Bay.  I love the adorable Victorian houses, the hills that seem so overwhelming to a girl from the flat prairies of Eastern North Dakota, the park bigger than my entire hometown, and of course the ocean.  I don't know if I'll ever tire of staring at that wide expanse of blue that is both beautiful and frightening at the same time.  If I do, I guess I know it's time to come home.  As with anything you love, I wanted to spend all my time with it.  So, I decided last Fall that I was going to do it.  Move to San Francisco.  I started saving money, telling a few friends, and then it became official...my dad put it in the Christmas letter.  There was no going back.

c/o iStock
Unfortunately, I can't be the Lowell librarian in San Francisco.  It's kind of a long commute.  May 16th was my last day at Lowell and it was very bittersweet.  I'm incredibly excited about my move to San Francisco, but I'll so miss my co-workers, my library, and especially my kiddos (when I announced my departure, a kid asked me if I was retiring...I wish).  Especially when I'm leaving such a wonderful job for...no job.  Yikes!

You're probably wondering, "Georgie, if you're not a school librarian anymore, what can you possibly blog about?!?"  Well, I wondered the same thing too.  Until I remembered that I'm packing all of my stuff into my PT Loser, driving across the country with my best friend MW, moving into a new apartment in one of the greatest cities in the world that just happens be where my other best friend LE lives.  Oh and I'm unemployed.  So yeah.  I think I'll find something to write about.  It may not be as hilarious as the kids at school but I'll do my best. 





2 comments:

  1. Yaaahh!! I've been waiting for this post!! SO SO excited for you and am pumped to read all about your West coast adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgie that is so fantastic! And I'm so jealous, I've been in love with San Francisco most of my life and have dreams of living in Sausalito. I'm sure it'll be amazing.

    ReplyDelete